Eugene Country Club, organized in 1899, is the second oldest country club in the State, antedated only by Waverley of Portland. In 1912, the club was incorporated and acquired its first clubhouse on South Willamette Street.
In 1923, the Young-Ford-McAllister properties were purchased and Chandler Egan, one of the nation's greatest tournament golfers, was engaged to lay out a new 18-hole golf course. Over the years this course with its natural setting among tall firs and other scenic wonderment's developed a reputation as one of the finest golf courses on the Pacific Coast.
During the past years, improvements at Eugene Country Club have further enhanced membership enjoyment of the facilities. Golfing on the new Robert Trent Jones course was made more challenging and enjoyable by the large spacious greens, the addition of a new lake and waterways, and the sparkling white bunkers. The deep, lush grass of the course continued to be maintained in the highest standard by a completely automatic sprinkling system installed during the course remodeling.